COLLABORATIVE LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT
Rational Requirements Composer will define and manage requirements across the lifecycle of your development project. It supports and thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced development environment where success requires accurate and complete fulfilment of requirements.
BENEFITS & FEATURES
• Clear and concise vision of requirements
- Organise and document requirements from a variety of stakeholders in formats they’re most comfortable with.
- Supports Web based document creation, so you can access and update your requirements from just about anywhere.
- Rich text authoring and editing
- Allows you to consolidate unstructured information, and bridge islands of information.
• Easy to stay organised and find what you need
- Features include shared filters, tags, attributes, hyperlinks and advanced searches
• Stay on track with business stakeholder outcomes
- Create, share and validate current and future state business processes
- Stakeholders can visualise how various inputs, outputs and roles can work together and create value
• User interface (UI) mock ups to uncover deeper requirements leading to project success
- UI Sketch editor creates wire frame mock ups of the user experience to identify any issues prior the actual development
- UI storyboards clearly demonstrate scenarios that can identify requirements at a higher level than typical textual document reviews
- Create storyboards fast from sketches
- UI elements can be linked to other documents and requirements
• Effectively manage traceability
- Show dependencies and prove compliance of requirements by tracing work items and test cases
- Multi-level traceability visualisation exposes gaps in requirements coverage and identifies change impact through tree and table views
• Maintain consistency, improve understanding and eliminate errors
- Integrated project glossaries will keep teams on the same page
- Glossaries can feature enterprise and project level terms
• Work offline and away from the project database
- Import documents from Microsoft Word and comma-separated text files
- Export a requirements artifact from Rational Requirements Composer into a word document
• Maintain artifact history for back-tracking or multiple use
- Artifacts can be tracked through an audit trail of changes and reverted back to previous versions
- Facilitate parallel development with one version of an artifact in one project iteration while also being developed for the next iteration
• Open and flexible team collaboration
- Customisable dashboards give an open view of project progress, including the ability to make comments to an individual or have team discussion threads.
• Consistency across Rational Software
- Common reporting and user administration across collaborative lifecycle management products, including Rational Quality Manager, Rational Team Concert Rational Requirements Composer and more.
To find out more information about IBM Rational, please CONTACT ISW today.